Wednesday 20 June 2012

My Mascaras

As I mentioned in my previous post, I recently cleaned out my makeup bags. I had a lot of old and terribly crusty items in there, but here are the mascaras that made the cut and remain in my collection. There won't be anything too in-depth here, just a quick over-view...

Left to Right: Maybelline Volum Express Mascara: $10-20 priceline, MAC Opulash Optimum Black: $33 Myer, TOO FACED Lash Injection Mascara: $10.99 ACWLancome Hypnose Mascara: not sure where or when I got this one...  
Firstly, I will mention that my eyelashes are very long and thick naturally (don't hate me) but I still like super-lengthening mascaras because I like the look of over-the-top lashes in any occasion. I think lashes are really pretty and feminine (can anyone argue?) and shouldn't be forgotten when creating a look.

I have had the Maybelline one for a very long time and it is a staple for me as it is cheap, easy to apply and effective. This is what I put on whenever I am in a hurry or can't be bothered crafting dramatic lashes. If I ever feel like some eyeshadows and eyeliners look a bit incomplete, I throw this on at the end and it solves the problem. 

I bought the MAC one when I had a gift card and was looking for something a little more 'upper-end'. I asked the assistant in the shop and she said this one would be the best one for me to use, already having thick lashes. I really like how I can 'just keep going' with this one, adding layers and layers depending on how much of a dramatic look I want. I can put heaps on without it clumping (unless I wait too long and then go for another coat). The brush is really big, which I find makes it a little bit tricky to get the inner lashes of my eye, but this doesn't bother me too much. It is super black. The assistant mentioned something about it having 'extra carbons' in it but I didn't take too much notice until I tried it on and agreed it was indeed very black haha!

I recently bought the Too Faced mascara from ACW as it is a lot more expensive in Australia and had been wanting to try it for a while. I was surprised to find it had a 'citrus-y' scent that I found quite pleasant and interesting. I found it very clumpy but I highly suspect this is because it has probably because of where I got it from. I have read some stories of people receiving products that are old or even out-of-date from allcosmeticswholesale. Still, it was very cheap and worth a try, I will be more aware next time I order from this site. 

I kept the Lancome one because it is so small and I thought I might be able to use it whenever I need to travel light like when I go overseas or friends places overnight etc. 

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging!I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts, thanks for following me.

    I've never heard of a mascara having a citrusy scent, I think that would be really cool. My Lancome Doll Eyes smells like roses and I quite like that as well. I haven't tried a MAC mascara yet, I prefer to collect more shadows from them. Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just surprised me that a mascara had a scent in the first place. Not something I had ever taken notice of in the past, I guess I will now :-)

      Delete
  2. Lovely Blog!!
    Im looking for a new mascara at the minute so ill deffinately look at these ones!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog, comments and feedback are always deeply appreciated, but please refrain from spam, follow for follow comments etc.