Wednesday 11 July 2012

Ammo Eyeshadow Palette

With the release of the new Urban Decay Smoked Eyeshadow Palette I thought I would do a quick share on my one and only Urban Decay palette which is the Ammo Eyeshadow Palette. The smoked one looks great and I can see a couple of really nice colours that I can see myself using a lot, but I haven't had this one for very long and I think it has a few similar colours to the ones on the smoked palette so I can justify going out and getting a new one just yet.


I bought this one because I saw a couple of my favourite youtube make-up gurus dope2111 and Michelle Phan use this in their tutorials and I really liked the variety of colours you get in it. I am also a sucker for following trends so when the description of this palette said '10 of our best-selling shades' I went for it. My favourite looks that they have made so far are the Adriana Lima look, the Tim Burton look, and the first bits of the Lady Gaga Bad Romance look (I don't have the guts to go the full way with all the white on the bottom!).  

Here is a close look at the colours within the palette...

My favourite so far is Maui Wowie, because it is so versatile and I just love the colour. They are all very shimmery and packed full of glitter, even oil slick, the black shade in the palette so I wouldn't be using any of these if I was going for a matte look on my eyes (which I never do anyway!). I can't wait to try Mildew. I just haven't had the chance to wear it yet. I really like these dark green colours. I am currently looking for a chalky pale yellow to go with it, so let me know if you have any recommendations.

All of the colours a really pigmented and easy to apply. Be careful and try not to be messy or you will end up with glitter all over your face when using this palette! 

and a swatch... I don't know why I bother though. I need a new camera!!

Has anyone else got this palette and have any specific looks you have created using it? Would love for you to share! Remember to check out those users on youtube, they are fantastic, or just have a look at this channel, they are both part of that network.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the swatch! love the colours. x

    http://kreamiblush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are great! Will have to go for some of UD matte colours to try next time

    ReplyDelete
  3. great colors. I don't think I'm creative enough to do looks with colors. maybe I should sell my UD Book of Shadows IV...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EeEeEeEe! I'll have it lol, but I assume you would be keeping the liner, primer etc that comes with it? Just hop on youtube and copy a tutorial of someone using the palette, that usually helps me become more adventurous and gets those creative juices flowing

      Delete
  4. I remember using this palette in my friends place..and was impressed by their color line.I think I tried Grifter with grey combo.

    http://www.hairextensions-australia.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That green shade is a stunner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This palette looks amazing :)
    I own two palettes by Urban Decay (Naked and Naked 2) and I don´t think I need any other palettes from them in the near future but this one looks really great :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog, comments and feedback are always deeply appreciated, but please refrain from spam, follow for follow comments etc.